The Mayor and Council recently adopted Resolution 2015-04 authorizing the execution of a Public Works Mutual Aid Agreement with the Maryland Municipal Public Works Association. This agreement will allow the City to give and receive aid from participating jurisdictions in emergent situations. Click here to read Resolution 2015-04 and the agreement.
Click on the heading above to view a map of the City trash collection schedule by day of the week. As a general rule, if a holiday falls on a week day, trash collection is pushed back by one day (ex: if holiday falls on Wednesday, Wednesday trash collection will be picked up on Thursday, Thursday trash picked up on Friday, Friday trash picked up on Saturday).
Development Review Process:
- Driveway Entrance Permits (Residential & Non-Residential)
- Easements, Rights-of-Way, or Fee Simple Dedication
Streets and Roads:
- Road Acceptance (New Streets–Subdivision and Platted)
- Road Maintenance Petitions on Existing Roads Outside City – Maintained Right-of-Way
- Street / Road Closing
- Traffic Control Request
- Water Meter Installation Procedure (Commercial & Residential)
City Standards and Specifications
Design Guidelines & Development Principles
(PLEASE NOTE: Copies are available for review or purchase by contacting the Planning & Zoning office at Brunswick City Hall.)
- Water System
- Sewer System
- Storm Drainage
- Streets and Roads
- Water and Sewer Rules and Regulations
DOE or Fee Simple Requirements:
Driveway Entry Permits:
- Driveway Sight Distance Policy
- Driveway Entrance Permit Form
- Driveway Entrance Permit Instructions
- Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Street & Alley Acceptance
- Wastewater System Acceptance
- Water System Acceptance
PLEASE NOTE: All Improvement Plan packages require completion of an Adjoining Property List and Public Notice Posting Affidavit. In addition, all Improvement Plans require Public Work Agreement.
Street and Alley System:
For full requirements for submitting Temporary Dumpster Requests, see Temporary Dumpster Request Procedures
Water and Waste Management
The City of Brunswick Water Plant provides safe drinking water for residents of Brunswick that meets or exceeds Maryland Department of the Environment and U.S. Environmental Protection Agency water requirements. The two sources of water for the City of Brunswick are the Potomac River and Washington County springs.
The Annual Drinking Water Quality Report for 2014 is now available. Click here to view the report.
The City of Brunswick Wastewater Treatment Plant removes harmful compounds from wastewater to meet State and Federal standards. By doing this we help to keep the Potomac River watershed and downstream water supply safe and clean.
Curbside Recycling Pickup
- Recycling Information & Schedule
- List of Acceptable Items
- Mandatory Recycling in Brunswick, Ordinance
- Drop-Off Recycling: Drop-off at Public Works Monday – Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. ; Saturday and Sunday during Yard Waste Days.
- For more information, call the Frederick County Office of Recycling @301-600-2960, or http://www.co.frederick.md.us/recycling
Please Note: For questions regarding water and sewer bills, please contact the Utility Billing Clerk at City Hall at 301-834-7500.
For information on City of Brunswick Public Works, please contact us:
Superintendent of Public Works – John Gerstner
Superintendent of Wastewater Treatment Plant – Patrick Hoffmaster
Superintendent of Water Plant – Patrick Hoffmaster