***This website works best when viewed through Mozilla Firefox. Some content is altered when viewing through Internet Explorer.***
In the News…
- NOTICE – NO PARKING on B Street between the circle at Petersville Road and Brunswick Elementary School on Thursday, July 24, 2014 from 3am – 9am for portable classroom moving. VEHICLES WILL BE TOWED AT OWNER’S EXPENSE.
- With regard to the Water and Sewer rate increase, the City of Brunswick will defer implementation of the rate increase until the next billing cycle given the ambiguity of the language in the Resolution. Therefore, customers will receive a credit on their October bills for the amount of the rate increase that was included in their July bills.
- The governmental affairs office of Potomac Edison (a subsidiary of FirstEnergy) provided the following information to the City of Brunswick in response to concerns about recent power outages and power surges. This information is provided as a courtesy to our shared customers. If you have further questions about the information below or the service Potomac Edison provides, please contact them or visit their website: https://www.firstenergycorp.com/content/customer/potomac_edison.html”We have initiated a number of construction projects that will reconfigure some of our existing circuits. This will allow us to serve customers that have been affected by over voltage on the line that is built under the sub transmission line via other circuits, eliminating that particular area of exposure. We will then abandon that problem section of Distribution line. Please keep in mind that there are always possibilities of problems and outages on the electrical grid. We are simply eliminating exposure to a known and isolated problem area.We have also initiated a construction project at the Brunswick substation that will isolate and protect it from many sustained outages similar to those that have been experienced recently. Future problems that occur may produce only a momentary interruption as opposed to a sustained outage. e expect to have this work done by early Fall.Additionally, every circuit in the Brunswick area, including Distribution and Subtransmission is in the process of having the trees trimmed. This work should be completed by October.”
- The City Code Enforcement and Police Departments refer all animal related complaints or concerns to Frederick County Animal Control. Please direct all animal related questions to that agency at 301-600-1546.
- The Mayor and Council approved the Fiscal Year 2015 Budget and Water and Waste Water Rates at their recent June 2nd meeting. View the budget here. View the utility rates here.
- The Drug Awareness Event held recently at Brunswick High School is now available for viewing online. Please click here to view the video recording.
- The Frederick County Senior Tax Credit was enacted by the Board of County Commissioners on January 3, 2012. The Senior Tax Credit is a supplement to the current Frederick County Homeowner Tax Credit supplement. The State will administer the credit as part of the State Homeowner Tax Credit program. Click here to learn more about how this valuable program can help you save money.
- Click here to view the 2013 Drinking Water Quality Report.
- Commuter parking spaces are now available for lease in the City’s Railroad Square Parking Lot beside the train station. The cost is $330 per year, or $30 per month. Call 301-834-7500, ext. 206 for more information or to lease a space.
- Read the 2012 Branding Brunswick Case Study here.