In the News…
- The online credit card payment feature is currently down. We are sorry for the inconvenience. Please call 301-834-7500 to pay with a credit card over the phone.
- Frederick County as issued their Annual Open Burn Ban Notification from June 1st to August 31st. Click here for details.
- The proposed FY2014 General Fund budget was presented at the May 28th Council Meeting. View Proposed Budget here. View Budget Powerpoint Presentation here.
- The Frederick County Office of Emergency Management would like all Frederick County residents to be prepared for the upcoming hurricane season. Please view the memo to make sure your family is prepared. Hurricane Preparedness 2013.
- The Adopt-a-Park program is under way. Many of our parks have been adopted out to fabulous volunteers, but we still have a few available. The parks still available for adoption are: City Park, Kim Weddle Park (upper), Railroad Square Park, Wenner Park, Galyn Manor Park, and Municipal Swimming Pool Park. Applications are available for pick up at City Hall or contact 301-834-7500, ext. 114 for more information.
- The Animal Welfare League of Frederick County has received a grant to help Brunswick’s feral, free-roaming cats and their caretakers. For a limited time, they can spay or neuter feral cats for $15 each. For more information, contact 301-663-5855.
- The Bay Restoration Fee increased as of January 1, 2013. Click this link to find out more…
- Brunswick’s new geocache site is up and running! Geocaching is a free, interactive outdoor treasure hunt. Participating players seek to locate hidden containers, called “caches” using their smartphone or GPS. We now participate with the Maryland Municipal League Geocache Trail.