The City of Brunswick’s customer service email address is ready for you. Please direct all City-related inquiries to CityHall@BrunswickMD.gov.
The Mayor and Council meet on the 2nd Tuesday of each month. Click here for more information including the most recent agenda.
In the News…
- In a cooperative effort between the Brunswick Volunteer Fire Company, Brunswick Volunteer Ambulance Company, Frederick County Fire & Rescue Services, Frederick County Volunteer Fire & Rescue Fire and Life Safety Committee and the American Red Cross, a door-to-door smoke alarm “blitz” will take place in downtown Brunswick on September 12, 2015. Click here for more information.
- The Frederick County Department of Solid Waste Management is sponsoring a Residential Household Hazardous Waste Drop-Off Event on October 17, 2015 from 8am – noon at the Public Safety Training Facility located at 5370 Public Training Place. Click here for more information.
- The City is now accepting bids for the Old Berlin Cemetery Landscape Design project. Click here to view the invitation to bid.
- This year, the City of Brunswick is celebrating the 125th anniversary of its incorporation (April 8, 1890). To commemorate this special occasion, the City of Brunswick, in collaboration with Brunswick Main Street, is commissioning an engaging mural depicting the significance of the Potomac River to our community. This art showpiece is designed and created by renowned local artists Jack Pabis and Anthony Owens. Dedication is forecast for Friday, October 2, 2015, the eve of our annual Railroad Days Festival. We encourage you to be part of this exciting art project by supporting the mural as a tribute to the Potomac River and a centerpiece work of art for Brunswick. For more information and to make a tax-deductible donation, contact Brunswick Main Street at www.brunswickmainstreet.org or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Sustainable Maryland Certified Resource Center is available at City Hall. Be sure to stop by to check out all of the great resources.
- We are excited to announce a new tourism website…www.VisitBrunswickMD.com. The temporary website is up and running, but visitors can expect ongoing enhancements in the coming weeks and months. This billboard was made possible by a TRIPP grant through the Tourism Council of Frederick County, the City of Brunswick Economic Development Commission, and the Greater Brunswick Area Chamber of Commerce. Also, thanks to Pleasants Development for the use of this billboard and clearing the land around the structure.
- The Annual Drinking Water Quality Report for 2014 is now available. Click here to view the report.
- Commuter parking spaces are now available for lease in the City’s Railroad Square Parking Lot beside the train station. The cost is $330 per year, or $30 per month. Call 301-834-7500, ext. 206 for more information or to lease a space.